Drop + Dan Durston X-Mid Tent
Designed to be the best double-wall solo shelter supported by trekking poles (not included) , the X-Mid is the brainchild of Dan Durston, an experienced thru-hiker and established member of the ultralight community.
It aims to solve the common issues seen in trekking-pole-supported tents: Most are single-trekking-pole pyramids, which lack headroom, or overly complex multi-pole designs, which are tedious to pitch. The X-Mid, on the other hand, offers a generous living space with dual doors and an easy setup using four stakes and no guylines. All told, it’s simpler, roomier, and more functional than its competitors—and at just 28 ounces, it’s lighter, too.
- ULTIMATE ULTRALIGHT TENT: Designed to be the best double-wall solo shelter supported by trekking poles (NOT INCLUDED). All told, it’s simpler, roomier, and more functional than its competitors—and at just 28 ounces, it’s lighter, too.
- SPACIOUS TREKKING POLE SHELTER: The X-Mid offers a generous living space with dual doors and an easy setup using four stakes, no guylines, and an interior ridgeline pocket that provides handy internal storage. Dual vestibules provide easy access and gear space.
- SIMPLE PITCH: Pitching the X-Mid is similar to pitching a single-pole mid tent. There’s no guesswork with pole locations or pole lengths because the fly naturally limits the length of the poles. Simply insert them into the grommets and extend until taut.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Innovative design with a diagonal inner inside a rectangular-based fly. This allows the poles to be moved inwards without interfering with doors and living space, eliminating vertical, wind-catching walls and the need for peak buyouts.
- STORM WORTHY MATERIALS: The tent is made of 20d 420T 100-percent polyester with a 2000mm sil/PU coating. Tested under extreme lab conditions simulating 1.5 months of continuous high winds and heavy rains, the fabric still came out above 1500mm.
- MADE FOR THRU HIKERS: Tent pitches fly first so inner stays dry even during setup in the rain, inner is fully protected from falling rain during entry and exit, Packs into a short 12″ x 5″ package that stores horizontally inside a pack, fully seam taped
- DAN DURSTON: the X-Mid is the brainchild of Dan Durston, an experienced thru-hiker and established member of the ultralight community. Carefully crafted and designed for real trail conditions with an emphasis on simplicity and durability.
- NITTY GRITTY: Fly Weight 18oz, Inner weight 9.9oz. Fly Dimensions 67 x 100 x 46in., Inner peak height 43in. Floor Dimensions 28 x 86in, 16.8 sq. ft. Packed Size 12 x 5in. Trekking Poles Required for Setup NOT INCLUDED
- Sport type: Outdoor Lifestyle
- Care instructions: Hand Wash
What courier services do you use?
We use DHL eCommerce, USPS, UPS, FedEx and Canada Post for orders shipped to the US and Canada, and DHL Express for all international orders.
Please note once an international order arrives in the destination country, DHL may pass off the delivery to the local courier service. Your DHL tracking page will include the Tracking # provided by the local courier service.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Up to 3 days with Express Shipping.
Up to 7 days with Standard Shipping.
How much is shipping?
US and Canada – Free standard shipping on orders over $150 USD (before tax), or $12 USD for standard shipping.
International (excluding Australia) – Free standard shipping on orders over $250 USD (before tax), or $36 USD for standard shipping.
Australia – Free standard shipping on orders over $250 USD (before tax), or $45 USD for standard shipping.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship internationally! *Exceptions apply.
Please note some countries have suspended their courier services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to placing your order, please confirm with your local courier service that international packages will be accepted and cleared by your Customs Department. Unfortunately, if an order has shipped to a country with suspended service, the order will be returned back to us.